Effective Date: December 8th 2020
The Council for Inclusive Capitalism, Inc. (the “Council”, “we”, “us”, and “our”) are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect your Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. For example, Personal Information may include:
- Contact Information (such as name, address, phone number, or email address);
- Financial Information (such as financial institution, banking account number, or routing number);
- Demographic Information (such as gender, date of birth, or zip/postal code);
- Employment Information (such as employer and job title);
- Recruitment Information (such as curriculum vitae/resume, work history, or qualifications);
- Online Identifiers (such as IP address or device ID); and
- Any other information that you provide us that can be used to identify you.
We also may collect information about your use of our Site, such as your browser information, pages clicked, and time spent navigating the site. This information cannot be used to identify you. If we link this information with any Personal Information, we will treat such linked information as Personal Information.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information from:
- Direct interactions with you, such as when you register with us, interact with us at an event, or otherwise contact us;
- Through social media, such as if you link to social media platforms or use social media plug-ins, we may (depending on your user privacy settings on that social media platform) automatically receive information about you from that social media platform;
- Cookies and automated technologies, such as when you interact with our Site or click on links on our emails; or
- From other sources such as event attendees, sponsors, advertising networks, and analytics providers.
We will use your Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected. Those purposes include:
- Member Registration: To register as a member, you will be asked to provide your name, email address, and phone number. You may be asked to choose a password. You may also provide additional information about yourself, including your mailing address, employer, and job title. If you register as member, we will use your Personal Information for all purposes related to your membership, including, without limitation: providing administrative, maintenance, and support services to member accounts and responding to member inquiries, requests, and complaints.
- Online and In-Person Event Registration: To register for online or in-person events hosted or sponsored by the Council, you will be asked to provide your name, email address, and phone number. We may also ask you about your preferences for the event and whether you have any dietary restrictions. We will use this information to enable your attendance at our events, deliver to you event materials, and for purposes as described on the event registration page or materials.
- Survey and Feedback Forms: We may use online survey and feedback forms to gather opinions, comments, suggestions, etc. about the Council or a Council event. Survey and feedback forms may be completed and submitted by users anonymously without disclosing any Personal Information. However, should you choose to voluntarily disclose Personal Information to us, we will collect and use such information pursuant to our legitimate interests to understand your comments, communicate with you regarding your feedback, and make changes to our services accordingly.
- Respond to Inquiries: You may submit inquiries to the Council regarding our Site or services. We will use your Personal Information, including your name, email address, and any other Personal Information you shared with us in issuing your inquiry pursuant to our legitimate interests of effectively and efficiently communicating with and responding to you.
- Recruit and Hire Personnel: If you apply for employment with the Council, we will collect your name, address, email address, phone number, and information relevant to your employment application, such as your resume or curriculum vitae, work history, qualification, skills, reference information, and any other information that may have an impact on your prospective employment. We will collect this information to recruit, evaluate, and hire potential candidates to join the Council and to comply with applicable legal obligations.
COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Some web browsers have “Do Not Track” or similar features that allow you to tell each website you visit that you do not want your activities on that website tracked. At present, the Site does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals and consequently, the Site will continue to collect information about you even if your browser’s “Do Not Track” feature is activated.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share or sell your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing use. We will only share your Personal Information with third parties with your consent, at your direction, or in the following circumstances:
- Service providers: Unless prohibited by applicable law, we may share Personal Information with our third-party service providers that help us operate, such as for website hosting, professional services, analytics, registration management, and email delivery. Such service providers must process the Personal Information we share with them only on our behalf and for the same purposes for which the Personal Information was collected.
This Site and our services are not directed to or intended for use by minors. If we learn that we have received any Personal Information directly from a child under age 16, or such other age as set by the laws of jurisdictions where we operate without his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that Personal Information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use our services and subsequently we will delete that Personal Information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use reasonable safeguards aimed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the Personal Information we collect and maintain. For example, we encrypt the transmission of your information using secure socket layer (SSL) or similar technologies. However, no data transmission over the internet is ever 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to our Site.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and all applicable legal requirements.
USER CHOICES AND OPT-OUT
We offer you choices and opportunities to opt out of certain uses of your Personal Information.
- Opting out of Marketing Information: You may at any time opt out of receiving marketing electronic mailings from the Council by using the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” means provided in the electronic mailings you receive. You may also email us at [email protected] Please note that even if we stop all marketing communications, you may still receive administrative, legal, and other important communications from us.
- Maintaining the Accuracy of your Personal Information: We must ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. Please advise us of any changes to your Personal Information by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” Section below.
NOTICE TO INDIVIDUALS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the following rights with regard to your Personal Information:
- Right to access information about how we process your Personal Information, including the categories of Personal Information we process, recipients of your Personal Information, and purposes for our processing.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate Personal Information concerning you, as well as, taking into account the purposes of the processing, the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed.
- Right to erasure (deletion) of Personal Information concerning you where: (a) the Personal Information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; (b) you withdraw your consent and there are no other legal grounds for the processing; (c) you exercise your right to object (see below) and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; (d) the Personal Information have been unlawfully processed; or (e) the Personal Information have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation applicable to us.
- Right to restriction of processing (i.e., data will be blocked from normal processing but not erased) where: (a) you contest the accuracy of the Personal Information, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy; (b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the Personal Information and requests the restriction of their use instead; (c) we no longer need the Personal Information for the purposes of the processing but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; (d) you exercise your right to object (see below) pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override those of you.
- Where processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing prior to such withdrawal. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your Personal Information in some limited circumstances.
- Where processing is based on your consent, or on a contract, the right to data portability, i.e. the right to obtain a copy of the data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us.
- Right to object to the processing of Personal Information based on our legitimate interests, provided that there are no compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that would override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
DATA TRANSFERS TO THE UNITED STATES
By Mail: Council for Inclusive Capitalism
909 Third Ave #8343
New York, NY 10150
By Email: [email protected]