Frederic Barge is the founder of Reward Value, a non-profit foundation that works with universities, regulators, institutional investors, and global businesses to modernise executive remuneration through performance-based pay that better reflects long-term value creation and corporate contribution to society.
A former KPMG partner and HR executive at large organisations, Frederic has held several global positions for businesses and institutions at a management and supervisory level on executive remuneration.
Some of his career highlights include being:
– Head of Compensation and Benefits for ING’s Real Estate, Insurance, Investment Management businesses before becoming ING’s Global Head of Performance and Reward.
– Global Head of ABN AMRO’s Reward and Performance Management teams.
– Senior Vice President Total Rewards for Ahold / Ahold Delhaize N.V. for Day-1 readiness in light of the merger between Ahold and Delhaize.
– A Reward Consultancy and HR Strategy advisor to the Executive Committee and Supervisory Board for Robeco Institutional Asset Management.
Frederic is a recognised thought leader, who actively participates in sector discussions in the financial services industry in light of the guidelines from regulatory bodies on compensation, with particular expertise in:
– Executive remuneration
– Private Equity compensation programmes
– Corporate governance
– HR aspects in M&A transactions
– Performance assessment
– With a board and advisory network of university professors, business leaders and institutional leaders guiding Reward Value’s journey, Frederic is leveraging his life’s work to affect meaningful and sustainable change through modernising executive remuneration – enabling the talents of millions of smart people and the capital of millions of investors to future proof the world’s corporations’ capacity to be a force for good.