Abbey Ogunwale is a seasoned leader in the international business development arena with extensive experience across several countries and sectors. Known for leveraging strategic and tactical decision-making to engage clients in support of long-term objectives. Experienced in engaging diverse stakeholders to drive results and objectives. A highly motivated leader known for integrating disruptive, new strategies to advance client relationships aimed at growing business pipelines across bilateral/multilateral agencies, corporate, government agencies, and non-profit sectors. Stakeholder experience includes USAID, World Bank, FCDO, Global Fund, MCC, EU, WHO, UN, WFP, DFAT, CIDA, JICA, ABD, IADB, and African Development Bank. Throughout the span of nearly two decades, Abbey has successfully led the design and development of various multi-million dollar and multi-year public sector grants & government-funded projects across Africa, Europe, and Asia in Global Health, Energy, Trade, Humanitarian Assistance, and Disaster Response sectors.
Abbey is currently the CEO and Principal at Defined Impact Group, a multinational services firm that provides a full range of management and consulting, and advisory services aimed at improving clients’ performance and their endeavor in meeting mission goals. He is also a Strategic Business Development Partner at Perch Perspectives, a US-based geopolitical consulting firm, that advises business executives and policymakers on the historical, cultural, geographic, political, and economic forces that impact international affairs and decision-making.
Prior to Defined Impact and Perch Perspectives, Abbey worked as a Director of Business Development for a humanitarian assistance organization where he led global business development/resource mobilization strategies. He played a similar role at Advanced Engineering Associates International, Inc. USA, where he supported the development of several multi-million-dollar funding opportunities in the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Europe, and Latin America. Before then, Abbey worked as a Project Management Consultant at the World Bank Group, Washington, D.C.
- B.Sc. in Computer Information Systems, Babcock University;
- Master’s Degree in Project Management, The George Washington University’s School of Business, USA
- Ph.D. in Public and Business Administration, Northcentral University, USA
- Executive Certificates in Management & Leadership, MIT Sloan School of Management, USA
- Executive Certificates in Disruptive Strategies, Harvard University, USA
- Certificate in Leadership, Shenandoah University’s School of Business, USA
- Certificate in Energy and Sustainable Development, Lund University, Sweden.
- Certified as Project Management Professional PMP®; Agile Certified Practitioner PMI-ACP®; Certified in ITIL 4®, and Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM®).
Advisory and Board Memberships (Recent and Present):
• COMMITTEE MEMBER: U.S.T.R. Trade Advisory Council on Africa, EOP/The White House.
• BOARD MEMBER: ICCO-USA, Netherlands (now Cordaid)
• BOARD MEMBER: Loudoun County Family Advisory Services Board, VA, USA
• BOARD MEMBER: United Nations Association-NCA, Washington, DC., USA
• Co-CHAIR: Asia-Africa Supply Chain Transform Health Alliance (AASCTHA), India
• ADVISOR: World Computer Exchange, Massachusetts, USA
• ADVISOR: The Global Alliance Initiative for Community Development Africa, Nigeria.